Re: Quote from Stephen Roberts

Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> writes:

> On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 09:22:28AM +1100, Ben Finney wrote:
> > No, that quote was not made by Sir Stephen Henry Roberts. (If you
> > know differently, could you please provide a reference?)
>
> Uhm, why do you post in public?

To correct in public what I saw as a factual error being made in
public. By correcting it in public, I aim to avert others erroneously
taking it as fact.

> It seems to be entirely off-topic.

No more off-topic than the attributed quote, included in a signature
block in a message in this forum.

I recognise that by doing so I was embarking on an entirely
*different* topic from the message itself, which is why I changed the
Subject field: to allow people to know that the subject of discussion
had changed.

--
 \            Hercules Grytpype-Thynne: “Well, Neddie, I'm going to be |
  `\      frank.”  Ned Seagoon: “Right, I'll be Tom.”  Count Moriarty: |