Re: Filing bug reports in Debian (was Re: Debian Stole My Name!)

Hal Vaughan wrote:
> My original point is that I don't file bug reports with
> FOSS because I've had some indifferent and even hostile replies.  As
> I've said, there are reasons that I usually file bug reports under a
> legal alias and why I used to be on mailing lists using the same aka.
> It's a long story, but it's not that I'm up to anything shady.
> Overall, I used to file bug reports, back when I first started working
> with FOSS, sometime in the late 1990s, but gave up on it for the
> reasons I mentioned.  That this particular one is dated 2006 tells me
> it's one I filed when I had already given up, for the most part, on
> filing them.

Well, that pretty much summarizes the fact that you do not want to file
bugs, and the reasons why. I (and other people, judging by the thread)
think you should, but it is your right not to file any bugs if you don't
feel inclined to do that by whatever reasons you have.

That being explained, what exactly do you want to achieve with this thread?

--
Oliver's Law:

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br