Re: Filing bug reports in Debian (was Re: Debian Stole My Name!)

On Saturday 11 October 2008, Florian Kulzer wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 12:52:09 +0300, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> > On Sat,11.Oct.08, 03:32:23, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > > I've *never* had a DD get hostile with me.  Ignored?  Yes.  But
> > > not hostile.
> >
> > Me neither, not even when I screwed up big time (#499594).
> >
> > The response of Julien Cristau was exemplary, even though I wasted
> > his time (during the freeze!) with my stupidity.
>
> This thread feels like déjà vu all over again:

> The link in the message does not turn up anything because the bug
> report has been archived in the meantime; here is the direct link:

Which has a good chance of being the only bug, anywhere, that I filed
under by birth name.  I won't go into details on the reasoning because
that's way too OT.

I still maintain that the issue had more to do with the issue than the
response said, however in that case, but I felt the responder was more
interested in writing it off than in dealing with the issue or helping
me figure out where the bug should have been categorized under.

Hal