Re: WPA/TKIP with Debian Lenny and Broadcom 4328 via ndiswrapper

* Carl Fink (carlf@panix.com) [19.09.08 21:33]:

> > A hidden ESSID is *not* standard compliant, so actually noone has to
> > care about such situations. I ran into this with my iwl3945.
>
> There's a difference between "standards compliant" and "common".  If we only
> cared about standards compliance, we wouldn't support NTFS or Office
> formatted documents.

Don't blame the messenger, I was just told that.

BTW: WiFi *is* a standard, so one should care about it's specs. And this
states iirc that the ESSID should *not* be hidden.

Sebastian

--
 " Religion ist das Opium des Volkes. "      Karl Marx

 SEB@STI@N GÜNTHER         mailto:samson@guenther-roetgen.de