Re: WPA/TKIP with Debian Lenny and Broadcom 4328 via ndiswrapper

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 06:29:54AM +0200, Sebastian G?nther wrote:
> * Carl Fink (carlf@panix.com) [16.09.08 22:15]:
> > >
> > > Is the ESSID hidden? Then you have a won't fix bug.
> >
> > Nah, the ESSID is public, but that's ridiculous if so.  How can it be "wont'
> > fix" for such an ordinary situation?
>
> A hidden ESSID is *not* standard compliant, so actually noone has to
> care about such situations. I ran into this with my iwl3945.

There's a difference between "standards compliant" and "common".  If we only
cared about standards compliance, we wouldn't support NTFS or Office
formatted documents.
--
Carl Fink                           nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Read my blog at blog.nitpicking.com.  Reviews!  Observations!