Re: wpa_supplicant and dhclient

On Friday 19 September 2008 10:53:39 Dominique Dumont wrote:
> Urs Thuermann <urs@isnogud.escape.de> writes:
> > As Andrei wrote, read /usr/share/doc/wpa_supplicant/README.Debian.
> > There you'll find everything explained how to use roaming with DHCP
> > or static addresses and more.
>
> I understand better now. Thanks Thierry and you for the explanations.
>
> In fact, I needed a simpler setup for my laptop. Using 'wpa-conf' is
> enough to bring the wifi on my laptop. The only trick is that I need
> to specify 'scan_ssid = 1' for my freebox V5 wifi AP.
>
> All the best
>
> --
> Dominique Dumont
> "Delivering successful solutions requires giving people what they
> need, not what they want." Kurt Bittner

I tried scan_ssid = 1 on my freebos V4. did not nwork. So here is my file:

# Minimal /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf to associate with open
#  access points. Please see
#  /usr/share/doc/wpasupplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf.gz for more complete
#  configuration parameters.

ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
ctrl_interface_group=0

eapol_version=1
ap_scan=1
fast_reauth=1

### Associate with any open access point
###  Scans/ESSID changes can be done with wpa_cli
network={
        ssid=""
        key_mgmt=NONE
}