Re: GFS ... cluster.conf doesn't exist

On Jul 31, 3:20 am, Thomas Preud'homme <thomas.preudho...@celest.fr>
wrote:
> Le jeudi 31 juillet 2008, Bob a écrit :
>

> > On Jul 30, 6:20 pm, Thomas Preud'homme <thomas.preudho...@celest.fr>
>
> > wrote:
> > > Le mercredi 30 juillet 2008, Bob a écrit :
>
> > [SNIP]

> > [SNIP]
>
> > > some dpkg -L | grep etc on these package don't show anything ?
>
> > > Regards
>
> > > --
> > > Thomas Preud'homme
>
> > Thomas - TX for your reply;
>
> > that is correct. I can run dpkg -L for all related packages, and not
> > 1 of them includes the /etc/cluster/cluster.conf file.
> > Having said that - I must also point out that it's certainly possible
> > that this file is supposed to be generated thru an install script.
> > Clearly that isn't happening either - IF that's what is supposed to
> > happen...
>
> > problem is - I don't even know which package is responsible for this
> > file!!
>
> > TIA - Bob
>
> Usually it's not. Files are included in the package and repertoried
> somewhere in the package to have a smart management of configuration
> file. You know that system which ask you which version you want to keep
> when you do an upgrade and the conf file has been modifed by you.
>
> Maybe you could submit a whishlist or minor bug on the BTS to ask for a
> default configuration in this file.
>
> Regards
>
> --
> Thomas Preud'homme

Thomas, TX again for your reply...

There have already been bug submissions, so I won't bother with
that... although, the submissions claim it fixed in the next version -
I find the same problem with that version also.
As long as I don't have to worry about what else didn't happen during
a package install, I can easily create my own conf file...

TX again for your help!
Bob