GFS ... cluster.conf doesn't exist

running debian etch:

I tried installing all gfs / cluster related packages, and found that
none of them created an /etc/cluster/cluster.conf file.

I also found at least 1 bug report regarding this, and an indication
that the bug was resolved on the newer versions of the packages which
are part of the lenny dist (or back-ported).

So - I downloaded all related and dependent packages in the newer
versions, and installed all of them, only to find the exact same
problem - NO /etc/cluster/cluster.conf file!!!

I'm less concerned about creating my own .conf file, than I am about
what else may NOT have happened during installation.

Has anyone else had any experience with GFS under debian?
If you were successful, what versions / packages did you use?
Are there any un-documented gotcha's / tip's you can offer?

TIA! -
Bob