Re: [OT] Setting up getmail to retrieve mails from gmail [Was: Re: [OT] GMail troubles [Was: Re: du-guidelines - point 7]]

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 00:17:25 +0530
Arvind Marathe <bahuroopi@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Arvind,

> I would prefer to save the copy echoed by d-u, and delete the one
> saved as "sent-mail". The copy echoed by d-u would have the list

I don't know anything about Mutt's capabilities for this sort of thing,
but how about using the criteria I suggested to locate the incoming
copy from d-u, then grabbing the Message-Id: from it and scanning the
messages in sent-mail for a match, and deleting the relevant mail, when
found.

> headers, so if i ever use some search criteria using list headers, my
> mails would also be detected. As i said in my previous mail, to be on

> the safer side, maybe one should delete the copy only after receiving
> the d-u copy.

So I read, but only after I sent my post.   :-*

--
 Regards  _

Loaded like a freight train flyin' like an aeroplane
Nightrain - Guns 'N' Roses