Re: [OT] GMail troubles [Was: Re: du-guidelines - point 7]

On Sat,19.Jul.08, 18:43:32, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 07/19/08 17:26, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> > On Sat,19.Jul.08, 12:35:37, Paul Johnson wrote:
> [snip]
> >> Decrease the frequency at which you check your mail?
> >
> > I just did (from 5 to 15 min). Let's see if this helps.
> If that helps, then you didn't cure the problem, only mask it.  I
> say that because I've been doing 5 minute fetchmail pulls for 4
> years, and it works like a charm.
In the last reject there was this link:

My getmailrc also didn't use the full email as username (which is also
mentioned there).  I'll wait for about a week and then put gmail back on
5 min., because I retrieve mail using a small self-backed script which
ensures I don't have two instances at a time.

(Albert Einstein)