Re: [OT] GMail troubles [Was: Re: du-guidelines - point 7]

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 12:36:57 -0700
Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.ca> wrote:

> On Mon, 2008-07-14 at 19:04 -0700, Brian Marshall wrote:
> > The reason I use Gmail is because there is no way I can set up
> > everything for email on a local server (not the least of which
> > preventing this is the restrictions of a consumer-level ISP) and no
> > other free mail service provides the same benefits as Gmail.
>
> There's always other ISPs.  If you're on Comcast, try switching to
> DSL. The telcos are, for the first time in a very long time, the
> lesser of two evils.

Mmm, I'm on Comcast. I tried configuring postfix last week when I
noticed that port 25 is blocked outbound. I gave up when I couldn't
make postfix use SMTP AUTH...

I suppose it would be nice to find another ISP -- hadn't really thought
of DSL.

--
Brian