Re: [OT] GMail troubles [Was: Re: du-guidelines - point 7]

On Sat,19.Jul.08, 00:43:13, Chris Bannister wrote:

> > I receive most of my emails through my ISPs POP server (ex. all list
> > traffic), but I can't use their SMTP server to relay as they don't allow
> > a different From, not even after authentication.
>
> I think you may be confusing "relay" with "open relay".

I have no problem to identify myself as a paying user to their services
(they do use SMTP AUTH). But afterwards they just plainly end the
session if the From does not have the address they supply.

Call it whatever you like, but they are still denying functionality to
paying users (which used to work before).

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)