Re: Squirrelmail:115 Can't Open SMTP Stream.

Thanks for reply.

I don't know how (and if) SquirrelMail can be configured to use STARTTLS. It is possible, however, to configure exim to listen on another port using the TLS-on-connect convention.

Secure SMTP servers use tcp 465 port by TLS default.Source address: http://www.squirrelmail.org/docs/admin/admin-5.html#ss5.5
i tried but did not work.

However, if SquirrelMail and exim are on the same host, connecting via the loopback interface (which seems to be case, since you specified 127.0.0.1 as the SMTP host), you should not need to worry that the connections are encrypted.

Yes,Squirrelmail and Postfix are on the same host.Yes,I know if i connect to localhost,I dont need TLS but some clients are using Thunderbird so I can not disable TLS support from Postfix main.cf

In addition to I disabled TLS and I configured on either CRAM-MD5* and DIGEST-MD5* authentication and worked without any problem on squirrelmail.
But this time,only (!) DIGEST-MD5 did not work on Thunderbird.CRAM-MD5 worked on Thunderbird.
If i use DIGEST-MD5 mechanism,Thunderbird print error "Your Server doesnt support security authentication...."
Interesting !! I can use DIGEST-MD5 mechanism and login IMAP and SMTP server with Evolution without problem.

This is Thunderbird bug ? or  DIGEST-MD5 mechanism could not been sensed by Thunderbird ? anybody have an idea(s) ?

* I read and benefit from http://wiki.dovecot.org/Authentication/PasswordSchemes and http://wiki.dovecot.org/Authentication/Mechanisms sources web address.

Iyi calismalar.Basarilar...
Semih Gokalp
Istanbul/Turkiye