Re: Resp.: drbd WAS working fine; but now fsck can't open /dev/drbd? ??

Hi Lucas -

happy to share my little bit of knowledge :)

I've got 2 servers - a primary & a secondary. Each has 2 hard drives:
the first, /dev/sda, is a typical linux config'd drive. the second, /
dev/sdb, specifically /dev/sdb1 is setup to be my cloned partition
across the 2 systems.

I used package doc's, as well as some I found on howtoforge, to walk
thru setting up & configing the 2 systems. I was trying to figure out
why HA wasn't working correctly - I brought down the #1, and #2 saw &
acknkowledged this, but never mounted the sdb1 partition. The next
day, #1 would not boot up without complaining  about fsck'g /dev/drbd0
(which is the drbd device for /dev/sdb1).

You can see in my last self-followup, where I'm at diagnosing the
problem.

not sure how much detail you'd like, but in case you do - here's my
config files: (lintest = #1; lintest2 = #2)
/etc/drbd.conf:   ==>
resource varb {
  protocol C;
  incon-degr-cmd "echo '!DRBD! pri on incon-degr' | wall ; sleep 60 ;
halt -f";

  startup {
    wfc-timeout  10;
    degr-wfc-timeout 30;    # 2 minutes. -> 30 seconds
  }

  disk {
    on-io-error   detach;
  }

  net {
    max-buffers     20000;  # 2048 -> 20000 (play w/ this # for perf)
    unplug-watermark   12000;  # 128 -> 12000 (play w/ this # for
perf)
    max-epoch-size  20000;  # should equal max-buffers
  }

  syncer {
    rate 10M;
    group 1;
    al-extents 257;
  }

  on lintest {
    device     /dev/drbd0;
    disk       /dev/sdb1;
    address    192.168.1.59:7788;
    meta-disk  internal;
  }

  on lintest2 {
    device    /dev/drbd0;
    disk      /dev/sdb1;
    address   192.168.1.58:7788;
    meta-disk internal;
  }
}
<==

on the HA side:
/etc/ha.d/authkeys:
auth 1
1 crc

/etc/ha.d/haresources:
lintest 192.168.1.55 Filesystem::/dev/drbd0::/mnt::ext3

/etc/ha.d/ha.cf: ==>
logfile /var/log/ha-log
logfacility     local0
keepalive 2  # change to 1????
deadtime 30  #  drop to 10????
warntime 10
initdead 120
udpport 694
bcast   eth0            # Linux
auto_failback on
node    lintest
node    lintest2
respawn hacluster /usr/lib/heartbeat/ipfail
<==