mysql ndbcluster

(Please CC me in the replies, even if it is for yelling at me to ask
elsewhere.  Preferably state where "elsewhere" would be. :) Thanks.
I'm asking here because apparently distributions were not shipping
"clustered" mysql earlier, and you had to download mysql-max or some
such and build from sources.  I prefer using debian package.)

I'm trying to get ndbcluster to work using debian stock package of
mysql-server-5.0, but something is amiss.  It isn't clear what.  I'm
totally new to this, so if someone can point me at some existing
debian-specific "for dummies" documentation or info on how to debug
cluster issues, that would be great.

Coming to the problem:

I would imagine that running "mysqld --ndbcluster --verbose" should
show something like "ndbcluster started" or "failed to start" on the
console, but why is it starting innodb?  "show engines" on mysql
monitor console lists that ndbcluster is "YES", enabled.

# mysqld --ndbcluster --ndb-connectstring=192.168.0.204:1186 --verbose
080718  3:13:49  InnoDB: Started; log sequence number 0 43685
080718  3:13:50 [Note] mysqld: ready for connections.
Version: '5.0.32-Debian_7etch6-log'  socket: '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' \
      port: 3306  Debian etch distribution

Maybe, just maybe, it should shout something like "unrecognized
option!" or "ndbcluster disabled!" or some such?  In any case creation
of an ndbcluster table, inserting data into the said table, etc
doesn't reflect across the storage nodes.  How to debug this?

Thanks,
Sajith.
--
     Don't you wish you had more energy... or less ambition?
  9DB8FF06 : CB80 0BA6 7D13 B10A 6FBB  D43E B4D2 28AD 9DB8 FF06