Re: My first message... more of a mad mans rant...

On 07/15/2008 01:56 AM, Brad Rogers wrote:
On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 20:17:28 -0500
"Mumia W.." <paduille.4061.mumia.w+nospam@earthlink.net> wrote:

Hello Mumia,

serious Linux O/S meant for serious and knowledgeable people. Here,

That precludes me from using it then;  I'm neither serious nor
knowledgeable.   :-)

:-)

I know you're just jesting, but I want to clarify that Debian creates a better learning environment than Ubuntu, so many of the things that Ubuntu does, wouldn't work so well "here."

And I don't see Debian in competition with Ubuntu. Or maybe I'll clarify further: Debian isn't in competition against Ubuntu; Debian is in competition /with/ Ubuntu. If Ubuntu "wins," Debian "wins."