Re: My first message... more of a mad mans rant...

Please disable sending in HTML.  HTML email violates list guidelines.
Aslo, please include a quotemark of some sort like everyone else instead
of expecting a one-inch indent to be sufficient.

On Mon, 2008-07-14 at 16:09 -0500, Christofer C. Bell wrote:

> I disagree.  I think it's inappropriate to compare Backports and
> Testing.  They have different scopes.  One is an entire operating
> system in development, the other is updates to key end-user software
> running on an otherwise static system that is not undergoing active
> development.  To equate them is a mistake.

I'm not suggesting that they're the same, I'm suggesting that by making
backports official it would be self defeating (why not just update
stable?) and complicate things for developers (now they have two stable
packages to follow).  There's a time and a place for backports, but to
make it an official part of Debian would be complicated for developers
and confusing for users.

--
Paul Johnson
baloo@ursine.ca