Re: My first message... more of a mad mans rant...

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 4:02 PM, Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.ca> wrote:
On Mon, 2008-07-14 at 16:17 -0300, Ignacio Mondino wrote:
> Steve C. Lamb wrote:
> >> I Think there is a project called etch and a half in trac of that.
> >
> >     It's called backports.  :)
> >

> Ok, Now we have two! Debian is wonderfull! :D
>
> I hope backports become an official project soon, they do a great job.

That would defeat the purpose of the testing branch and make the path to
stable that much more convoluted:  Self defeating purpose.

I disagree.  I think it's inappropriate to compare Backports and Testing.  They have different scopes.  One is an entire operating system in development, the other is updates to key end-user software running on an otherwise static system that is not undergoing active development.  To equate them is a mistake.

--
Chris