Re: Fast PDF File Viewing

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008, Amit Uttamchandani wrote:

I tried searching the mailing list archives as well as google for this
but did not find any concrete answer.

Here at work they have allowed me to use Linux ;) . Anyways,
I am using debian exclusively and try to use Free Software applications
wherever I can. Based on my research the fastest PDF viewer out there
is xpdf. Right now it is performing fast, but when viewing large PDF
files (generated from AUTOCAD drawings), panning/scrolling through the
document takes a long time.

In comparison to a colleague's acrobat reader on windows, his acrobat
reader performs a lot faster.

Do you have Acrobat Reader 8.0 installed on your Linux computer?

If so, how does the speed compare?

You have not made any reference to what version of Linux you are using; whether it is Debian stable or Debian experimental, and whether you have the latest available stable version of Acrobat Reader installed (version number that you have installed?), and how the speed of whatever version of Acrobat Reader you have installed, compares with your envied colleague's Acrobat Reader.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."