Re: flashblock and noscript extensions want root access?

Mumia W.. wrote:

The Noscript FAQ discusses this. For Seamonkey, Noscript must be installed globally because Seamonkey is missing the API that makes profile-installation easy.

hmm ... thanks for this info.

I'm glad you mentioned "Seamonkey," because I had forgotten that Iceape is Debian's Seamonkey.

H.S., if you do install Noscript into Iceape (as root), please let us know how this affects your upgrades. My guess is that Noscript would have to be reinstalled after every upgrade of Iceape, but I'd like to know.

I am not sure I want to do this as root. Usually, I tend to keep non-debian packages separate as far as I can. So I am just probably going to wait it out and see if newer versions of Iceape allow this.

Regards.