Re: My first message... more of a mad mans rant...

On Mon, 2008-07-14 at 17:08 -0400, Damon L. Chesser wrote:

> Agreed.  IMHO Debian rocks.  I was simply speaking of the "out of the box"
> experience.  Debian is not a good fit for someone who does not want to get
> dirty and edit a file (once in a while).  Most users do not want to EDIT
> (ohhh, scary) a file.

Debian's default desktop is Gnome.  So far, I haven't found anything I
can't do via some Gnome GUI in terms of your routine administration
tasks that isn't either happening automagically thanks to cron or
anacron regardless of DE or made point-and-drool in Gnome.  That being
said, it's usually easier and faster to bust out the text editor in
either distribution; people who insist that GUIs are always the best
tool for the job are just psyching themselves out in most cases.

--
Paul Johnson
baloo@ursine.ca