Re: My first message... more of a mad mans rant...

Damon L. Chesser wrote:
1) Lets try a version of Debian Etch without the binary firmware

answered by my /rant/ about firmware and clusers
My point about the FSF Debian sister project was that it can be done so easily that it gives us something to aim for. I already know if such a was started - I probably wouldn't use it, but would likely just like GNU/Hurd and even ReactOS keep a close eye on it. What on earth is a cluser? And I can't see anything in your reply about firmware all I see is explanations for Ubuntu's success which I'm not in the least bit interested in.
3) Lets try a medium ground between stable and testing.

I thought you said an alpha release. That is testing. I am not a developer and I don't use testing, I use Sid. In my eight years with Debian, testing seems a ....... BLAH BLAH BLAH
<snip>
one more step will do, or how do you talk volunteers into more work?
This wouldn't be one more step... as I have already explained! It won't be unstable -> testing -> alpha -> stable... that would be plain stupid. Alpha will just be a slightly re-badged ISO (one of the weekly generated ones) that represents a significant but feasibly usable step... it doesn't need a separate repository or much management at all. Please re-read what I originally wrote about this idea, I don't think you grasped how simple the suggestion was.
It wasn't about Ubuntu vs Debian...

Responded to your " FSF endorsing an OS that has a 'Ubuntu Base' <- (again, *vomits*)" etc etc comments. Sounds like you made it against Ubuntu.
Thats my personal view, your not meant to go to red alert over it... I even put a disclaimer at the top.
Agreed.

Please respond back to the debian-user list.
You have a reply-to set you realise so replies go to yourself and not the list.

Sincerely...

Steven Maddox
(Cyorxamp)

Cyorxamp's Personal Website