Re: howto find out why dist-upgrade wants to remove a package?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: howto find out why dist-upgrade wants to remove a package?
- From: Daniel Burrows <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 09:30:36 -0700
- Message-id: <20080714163036.GA28490@alpaca>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20080713213615.GE10272@think.homelan> <20080714022238.GA16859@alpaca> <email@example.com> <20080714140638.GA17848@alpaca> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20080714150520.GC17848@alpaca> <email@example.com>
On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 10:43:22AM -0500, Hugo Vanwoerkom <firstname.lastname@example.org> was heard to say:
> Funny: when I put php4-mysql on hold aptitude keeps *everything* back!
> You're right of course, about this being untenable. But the prospect of
> becoming the plugin maintainer... I don't know.
I don't know what upgrade you're looking at -- it's entirely possible
that the only upgrades you have available depend on php4-mysql being