Re: How to add printer in cups 1.3

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 15:18:46 +0000, T o n g wrote:

[...]

> Now the problem is that I can't see any gutenprint driver from the cups
> web page. What's the minimum set of package do I need to install so as to
> use cups+gutenprint?
>
> FYI, I listed my installed packages at
> http://www.cups.org/newsgroups.php?s16580+gcups.general+v16586+T0
> the set works before even without foomatic-gui, but not now.

It seems that libgutenprint2 is missing.

[...]

> And using the latest packages from unstable is not good idea for cups
> currently too, because
> http://release.debian.org/migration/testing.pl?package=cups
> "cups is not yet built on mipsel: 1.3.7-7 vs 1.3.7-8 (missing 8 binaries)"

This blocks the transition of these packages to Lenny, but why would it
bother you if you are not on mipsel?

> Thanks all the same for the answer. Please tell me the minimum set of
> package for cups+gutenprint.

I am not sure if this is the minimum set, but here is what currently works for
me:

$ dpkg -l "*cups*" "*gutenprint*" | awk '/^ii/{print $2,$3}'
cups 1.3.7-8
cups-bsd 1.3.7-8
cups-client 1.3.7-8
cups-common 1.3.7-8