Re: IMAP is teh r0x0rz! [was: Re: getting copies of own posted messages; was: Re: ??: Stunned by aptitude.]

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 01:51:01PM -0400, Steve C. Lamb wrote:
>     The only thing I miss in that setup, really, is the ability to configure
> filters from inside the client and subfolders.  I know both are possible if
> I switch to another IMAP server.  However I would lose the flexibility of
> ssh/mutt which comes in handy sometimes.  Regardless I cannot imagine doing
> all of the above without IMAP.

    Just to correct myself I just found out that TBird and Dovecot can do
subfolders with mbox.  One just needs to append a / at the end of the folders
when creating them in Thunderbird.  This denotes that it is a folder to
contain other folders (a directory server side) vs a folder to hold mail (an
mbox file).