IMAP is teh r0x0rz! [was: Re: getting copies of own posted messages; was: Re: ??: Stunned by aptitude.]

On Wed, Jul 09, 2008 at 01:38:35PM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 07/09/08 13:26, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> [snip]
> >
> > try a different MUA?
>
> This is why IMAP should be the standard mail store, not mboxes in
> "proprietary" locations.

second that. THe convenience is incredible. Case in point:

last month the family and I took a vacation. For several days we were
going to be at separate locations, so the kids would be without my
laptop (which carries separate accounts for each of them, I am the
best dad in the world!). I installed squirrelmail on my mail server,
pointed it at the IMAP server (dovecot) and the problem was solved, in
about 5 minutes. The whole family had mail access over the web without
mucking around with teaching them how to configure clients (and then
clean up afterwards!)  and so forth. easy peasy.