Re: terminal resize doesn't propagate to an application
- To: debian-user <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: terminal resize doesn't propagate to an application
- From: Martin Kraus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 04:25:37 +0200
- Message-id: <20080701022537.GB3848@finrod>
- In-reply-to: <20080701020536.GB6192@alpaca>
- References: <20080630204758.GA9353@finrod> <20080701020536.GB6192@alpaca>
On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 07:05:36PM -0700, Daniel Burrows wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 10:47:59PM +0200, Martin Kraus <email@example.com> was heard to say:
> > I've got a problem with resizing terminal windows. The information about
> > terminal resizing doesn't always reach the application running inside the
> > terminal. I thought it's the problem with blocked WINCH signal, but now I've
> > found out that it works in about 80% of the cases. If it doesn't work
> > additional resizes of the term window usualy propagate to the application.
> Is it just one program or all programs that you run in the terminal?
> If the latter, does the problem occur with all terminals or just the one
> you usually use?
bash, man, less, remote terminals through ssh, everything in the terminal
window that can be affected throught resize.