Re: Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T, no frontend loaded

On Tue, Jul 01, 2008 at 11:52:23AM +0930, Dale wrote:
> 2008/7/1 Martin Kraus <lists_mk@wujiman.net>:
> > Hi,
> >  I'm trying to get Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T (ID 2040:9950) to work on
> > lenny. The driver and firmware loads but I get
> >
> > dvb-usb: no frontend was attached by 'Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T'
> >
> > and /dev/dvb/adapter0 is missing frontend0 device which I found out is quite
> > important:)
> > Did anyone get this card to work? I've googled like hell but to no end.
>
> Hi Martin,
>
> Is the module getting loaded correctly, can you check to see if it
> shows up under 'lsmod'. you may have to manually load the module and
> if that works put the module in to the '/etc/modules' file for it to
> be automatically loaded at boot time.
>
> And you might have to load the module with some options eg 'modprode
> '/etc/module.d/<module> file with the relevant info in it.

the module loads correctly even the firmware looks ok. it just doesn't load
any frontend driver. I've found a few people having the same problem but
couldn't find any solution. this card should be ok but there's so many
revisions that I might just have the screwed up one.

mk