Re: Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T, no frontend loaded

2008/7/1 Martin Kraus <lists_mk@wujiman.net>:
> Hi,
>  I'm trying to get Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T (ID 2040:9950) to work on
> lenny. The driver and firmware loads but I get
>
> dvb-usb: no frontend was attached by 'Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T'
>
> and /dev/dvb/adapter0 is missing frontend0 device which I found out is quite
> important:)
> Did anyone get this card to work? I've googled like hell but to no end.
>
> thanks for your help
> martin
>

> --

Hi Martin,

Is the module getting loaded correctly, can you check to see if it
shows up under 'lsmod'. you may have to manually load the module and
if that works put the module in to the '/etc/modules' file for it to
be automatically loaded at boot time.

And you might have to load the module with some options eg 'modprode
'/etc/module.d/<module> file with the relevant info in it.

couple ideas to look

Regards
Dale
--
[WWW] http://southernvaleslug.org/
[IRC] #southern-vales.lug on irc.freenode.net