Re: What we want from software vendors (Was: CAD software for PCB engineering and routing)

2008/6/24 Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.ca>:
> Is it possible to wine your way out of this one?  Forgive me if this has
> already been brought up; I appear to only have the thread after the
> subject change.

Solidworks <=2005 runs in codeweavers, but nothing in wine. I need a
later version anyway. I had applied to codeweavers to triage a later
version but I was rejected as a triager.

I understand that it may be 5 or 10 years before Solid makes a Linux
version. But even that won't happen if we don't let them know that we
need their product. And I cannot simply use 'something else' because
1) there is no something else on Linux, and 2) I must be interoperable
with the other engineers running Solidworks.

Here is their address:
http://www.solidworks.com/pages/company/contactus.html

Anyone who can write to them and let them know that their product is
needed on our OS is appreciated. Thanks.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il