Re: What we want from software vendors (Was: CAD software for PCB engineering and routing)

* Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@gmail.com> [2008 Jun 21 10:05 -0500]:

> When someone develops and maintains a FOSS solution that runs on Linux
> that lets me interoperate with my Solidworks-using colleagues
> flawlessly I will happily donate to the project twice what I would be
> paying to Solid. That's a lot of money to motivate someone. Until they
> fill that need that I have, I will continue to use the only solution
> that exists, which is a proprietary solution.

I understand what you're asking for and where you're coming from.  Are
the CAD document file formats open or are they proprietary like .doc
and .xls, etc.?  The answer is important to anyone choosing to
implement your idea.

- Nate >>