Re: What we want from software vendors (Was: CAD software for PCB engineering and routing)

2008/6/24 Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.ca>:
> On Sun, 2008-06-22 at 21:31 +0300, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>> If anyone has any proprietary Windows apps that they'd like to see
>> ported to Linux, then mention them and I will write to the developers
>> as well.
>
> Wouldn't it be a better thing in the long term to encourage vendors to
> take a far more user-friendly stance in terms of licensing (i.e., The
> Right Thing), such as Tripwire, Red Hat, SugarCRM, et. al. have already
> done done?

In the long term, yes, I would encourage vendors to provide less
restrictive licensing. In the short term, I have one baby and another
on the way and everyone wants to eat. Just having the program running
on Linux would be a start.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il