Re: CAD software for PCB engineering and routing

Am 2008-06-21 10:50:32, schrieb Dotan Cohen:
> 2008/6/21 Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <jordigh@gmail.com>:
> > On 20/06/2008, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>  Motivate the people that you know to let the software houses know that
> >>  we want their software.
> >
> > And we want it with freedom.
> >

> Write to them and tell them that if that is what is important to you.
> I personally would be satisfied paying thousands of dollars for
> Solidworks and not having access to the source code so long as it runs
> on my OS. But if you demand more, than by all means let them know.
> Here is the solidworks contact form:
> http://www.solidworks.com/pages/company/SolidWorksOfficeWorldwide.html
> Note that writing to them requires registration.
>
> Michelle, what is the name of the PCB design software that you prefer
> in Windows? I will look for their address and we will both write to
> them.

Not Windows...  The software I use is a 20 years old DOS  program  which
support Double sided and Double Layer.  I had payed over  6000  Deutsche
Mark for it and was running on a Am5x86-133ADZ (486-Overdrive  CPU)  and
run in a Dos-Box under Fvwm.  Unfortunately it does not support the  new
Chip-Designs like BGA or chips with a Pin-Width of 0,4mm.  :-(

Again:  The sofware I need EXIST for Linux, but like VariCAD, such
        software cost REAL money.  They provide support, you  will
        never get from a FOSS project.

        I am looking for a small intuitiv ${SOFTWARE} to build  PCBs
        for ARM and MIPS64 CPUs plus 8051  based  High-Speed  Micro-
        Controller.  I need per Chip templates (must allow to  place
        important resistors, capacitors = recommended Design by Chip
        manufacturer) and an autorouter.

        And of course, must run under GNU/Linux and does  not  screw
        up, if the Workstation is a VIA EPIA LN10000EAG  with  1 GHz
        and only 1 GByte  memory.  (the  workstation  consumes  only
        14 Watt including a 120 GByte 2"5 SATA drive)

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    24V Electronic Engineer
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

+49/177/9351947    50, rue de Soultz         MSN LinuxMichi
+33/6/61925193     67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)