NOT ABLE TO INSTALL DEBIAN 4.0r3

Hi guys,
           I am an ardent fan of Debian after I saw it running on one
of my friends machines. I have been trying to install it for a few
months but without success . I am a newbie as far as Debian is
concerned. I have worked on Fedora Linux but it seems Debian is harder
to tame hence all the more fun. Here are the tech details.

My Machine configuration is given below

Intel Pentium Dual Core CPU 2.80 GHz
256 MB RAM
Seagate 40GB hard disk
Intel original Chipset motherboard
NVIDIA GeForce 6200 TurboCache(TM)
ST380211AS SATA hard disk (seagate)
SAMSUNG 52X CD RW+DVD drive

I wrote 3 CD iso images of the Debian 4.0r3 into 3 CDs and tried to
install on my system,
the following are the system logs.

ata1: SATA link up 1.5Gbps (Status 113 Scontrol)
ata1.00:qc timeout (cmd 0xef)
ata1.00:failed to set xfermode (err_mask=0x4)
hdb:SAMSUNG CDRW/DVD SM-352F,ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM DRIVE
ide0 at 0x1f0-0x1f7,0x3f6 on irq14
hdb:lost interrupt
hdb:ATAPI 52 X DVD-ROM........

Uniform CD-ROM driver revision:3.20

Begin: Mounting root file system.......
Begin: ....... /scripts/local-top ....
Begin: Waiting for root filesystem
hdb : lost interrupt
ide-cd : cmd 0x3 timed out
hdb: lost interrupt

Check root = bootargs cat /proc/cmdline or missing modules, devices :
cat /proc/modules
ls /dev .................... /dev/sda3 does not exist
Busy Box comes up then goes down in a while

I already have WinXP running on my system, please help me to get linux
up. I choose Debian linux in GRUB during startup.

Please let me know what the problem, as it has been bugging me for
quite a while :-(

Regards,
Praseen