Re: getting a RealTek 8197 to work

Am Sonntag, 22. Juni 2008 14:51:10 schrieb Florian Kulzer:
> On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 16:24:27 +0200, Dexter Filmore wrote:
> > Toshiba Satellite laptop, integrated rtl8197. Got a patched 8187b driver
> > from the aircrack people but can't make it go WPA, only sees WEP.
> > Anyone know how to make this one fly?
>
> It is difficult to help you if you do not give any details about what
> you tried already. Step 1 for WPA is "install the wpa-supplicant package
> and read its documentation". Did you do that?

wpa-supplicant installed, read across the docs quickly (closer look as soon as
I have access to the laptop in question again).
Wrote a wpa-supplicant.conf and fired up wpa-supplicant, tried -Dwext for
starters since I really wouldn't know what else. No luck here.

> (It is not even clear if your question is about normal WPA access or
> about using aircrack for, let's say, "extraordinary" access.)

Ah, ok: all I want is plain wifi, no fancy stuff like aircrack. Reason I
talked to the aircrack people was they usually have their hands on beta
drivers a tad earlier. Like I said, can probe it, works, scans WEP APs.
Don't have the laptop around right now, anything in particular apart from the
supplicant docs I should look at?

Dex

--

http://www.vorratsdatenspeicherung.de