Re: KDE install issues

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 06:04:06PM -0700, Louis Cunningham wrote:
> I am just going to stick with Ubuntu for now, Thank you all for your help.
> This was a pain in Ubuntu too, but it's set up how I want it, one question
> though;
> I have grub running off of the Debian OS if I format it, will my system not
> boot?  How to fix this thank you.

It depends on specifically how your grub is set up, and in particular,
how it relates to your /boot partition. For specific help on this
issue, you should provide us with details of your setup: how many
disks; where the bootloader is installed; the layout of the
partitions, especially /boot, etc.

Likely, your best bet is to boot into ubuntu, re-run grob from there
to make sure it all works, and then you can do what you want with the
partitions used by debian.