Re: KDE install issues

Louis Cunningham wrote:
Kent,

Let me encourage you to keep the posts on the mailing list:
1) others can provide input (and you need their input, 'cause I'm pretty limited in my ability to help),
2) others can benefit from monitoring the conversation, and
3) the information thus gets archived and becomes searchable

When I ran su dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg, it cuts out half way through the reconfigure, not allowing me to finish the reconfigure, and stopping me after keyboard, how can i fix that?

I'm not sure what you mean by "cuts out". Do you mean the program freezes, or terminates normally, or terminates abnormally, or what?

You may have to do something like dpkg-reconfigure -plow xserver-xorg; others might have better suggestions.

(Original emails below)