Re: RealPlayer Guidance Needed

Thomas H. George wrote :
When an old cpu died I upgraded to a new motherboard and an AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3800+. I am running the current version of Lenny with a 2.6.24-1-amd64 kernel. I can no longer listen to the audio streams from my favorite radio stations, play the NY Times videos and sundry links suggested by my email correspondents.

I checked the mozilla (iceape?) plugins and it looked like I needed nswrapperplugin. I downloaded the RPM's, ran alien and dpkg then found the notice that linux32 must be installed to use the plugin. When I started apt-get install linux32 dire warnings of essentials to be removed caused me to quickly abort the installation.

I realize I'm clueless about the current problems. Please humor me and tell me what I should read to understand what's going on and what I must learn to go about fixing my system.

Tom

Hi, if you really want to use the real stuff download the .bin of the latest version (11). You can run it as unprivileged user and put where you want or as root and it will default in /opt (just type in console "./RealPlayer11GOLD.bin" in the directory where you downloaded it).

It works on Lenny at least, but not really better than Mplayer's plugin...

Yet Another Tom