Re: Video Adapter intel965

Сергей Овчар wrote:
> Hi.
> Can anyone help me configure my videoadapter i965(notebook acer4315)? Is there in Lenny any drivers? How can I configure it? Drivers, downloaded from http://intellinuxgraphics.org/download.html, I can't build.
> dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg didn't ask me about monitor and video adapter. What can I do with dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg for getting a lot of question about every device?

This particular video adapter is built in to some of the latest notebook
mainboards made by Foxconn, which are used by Acer and Lenovo among
others in their newest notebooks.  In Etch drivers for the Intel i8xx
and i9xx family of chipsets are provided in package
xserver-xorg-video-i810, which includes drivers for all such chipsets up
to i945.

It is expected that the Lenny version of this package will provide for
the i965 chipset -- perhaps it does already for all I know to the
contrary.  I am still using Etch and will continue to do so until Lenny
stable is released.

I have just purchased a Lenovo Thinkpad R61 which uses the Intel i965
chipset.  Until Lenny stable is released I will use Etch package
xserver-xorg-video-vesa, which can run this chipset in unaccelerated mode.

				Ken Heard