Re: [SOLVED] Re: Problems with Gnome appearance.

On Fri, Jun 06, 2008 at 10:20:54AM -0700, Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@farwestbilliards.com> was heard to say:
> I use mutt, and it invokes gpg which tries to grab keys it doesn't
> already have with the same symptom... up to about 60 seconds of
> waiting. What I don't know is what's happening during that wait. Is it
> a matter of gpg not being able to contact the servers or do the
> servers take that long to run the query. It seems to run in waves
> too. There'll be a days where everything is fine and even looking up
> new keys takes only a few seconds and then other days every new key
> will time out. I get a little to quick on the ctrl-c sometimes as a
> result...

  If it's taking 60 seconds in this pause, you could always try
attaching strace to it and seeing what's up.  (or just modify the gpg
command in .muttrc to run it under strace)

  Daniel