Re: Wildly OT: Re: apt-get joke

Hal Vaughan wrote:
On Tuesday 27 May 2008, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 05:13:47AM +0000, i'll teach you to turn away.
wrote:
s. keeling <keeling@nucleus.com> wrote:

sk> i'll teach you to turn away. <crank@got.net>:
      granted, but i didn't want my boyfriend to read this &
feel bad for being a giant slut before we got together. :D
sk> High praise.  This is the funniest post/thread I've read on
this list, sk> ever.
sk> [Ron, what happens if crank is female?]

	well, turns out i am female, but it'd leave a bad taste to this
thread if we've uncovered anyone's homophobia.
oh don't worry. We'll uncover someone's homophobia quite nicely. So
long as the topic doesn't drift to religion, we'll be okay.

i mean, way more of a bad
taste than my previously-slutty boyfriend could've had he not come
to me bug-free. ;D
Come on, all geeks know nothing is bug free.

I wrote a C++ program that was bug free once. Worked perfectly every time. Here's the source:

	#include <iostream>

	using namespace std;

	int main(const int argc, char* argv[]) {
	        cout << "Hello World\n";
	}

I've got a similar one I wrote in Perl that's bug free and one in Java and one in TCL and I've even ported it to a few other languages.

Hal

I'd consider a girlfriend that can only say "Hello World\n" to be definitely not bug free. But then, maybe I'm asking for too much?

Sjoerd