Re: Wildly OT: Re: apt-get joke

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 05:13:47AM +0000, i'll teach you to turn away. wrote:
> s. keeling <keeling@nucleus.com> wrote:
> sk> i'll teach you to turn away. <crank@got.net>:
> >>       granted, but i didn't want my boyfriend to read this & feel bad
> >>  for being a giant slut before we got together. :D
> sk> High praise.  This is the funniest post/thread I've read on this list,
> sk> ever.
> sk> [Ron, what happens if crank is female?]
>
> 	well, turns out i am female, but it'd leave a bad taste to this
> thread if we've uncovered anyone's homophobia.

oh don't worry. We'll uncover someone's homophobia quite nicely. So
long as the topic doesn't drift to religion, we'll be okay.

> i mean, way more of a bad
> taste than my previously-slutty boyfriend could've had he not come to me
> bug-free. ;D

Come on, all geeks know nothing is bug free. The bugs just haven't
been found yet. The hope is that you come up with a work-around, or
have so much stuff locked up in his proprietary format that it's not
worth the bother to switch. I mean, people somehow live with
Windows... I'm sure you guys'll do fine! ;-P