Re: [OT] C++ programming: keeping count of data items read from file

Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>:

>  On 05/06/08 13:25, H.S. wrote:
> > Ron Johnson wrote:
> >>
> >> Is this a binary file or a text file?
> >
> > hmm. Text. I made it clear in the original post.
>
>  Sorry.  It just seems (to an old C programmer) that this is pretty
>  simple problem, unless there's some tricky detail that you aren't
>  telling us.

That's exactly what I was thinking looking at the problem.  No offence
meant to the OP, but this sounds like a trivial problem for perl.  We
must be missing something.

Man, does C++ produce ugly, obtuse code (no offence meant to C++ code
posters; thanks), and this from a perl programmer.

OT, but isn't it nice to know they have tornados in VA too[*]?  :-)

[*] Sorry d-u; inside joke.  No offence ...