Re: /dev/null > /dev/sdb1 !

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 04:22:16PM +0800, paragasu wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 10:35 AM, Douglas A. Tutty <dtutty@porchlight.ca>
> wrote:
> > On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 08:41:45PM +0800, paragasu wrote:
> > > Or simply because the hard disk it quite old. I buy it second hand
> > because
> > > my bios only
> > > support 2GB. That hard disk is quite rare nowadays. And if it dies, now
> > > might be the right
> > > time for the hard disk but not the right time for me though. =p
> >
> > You may wish to consider an industrial-quality compact flash drive.  The
> > CF adapter plugs in just like a drive and the I-Q CF cards come with a 5
> > year warranty and testing by OpenBSD-types (who do a lot of embedded
> > devices using CF cards) shows that for many uses they are very reliable.
>
> can you give a  url of the company who sell this?

Well, the adapters are made by many vendors, even startech.  I haven't
used a CF card myself so don't know.  Try google for CF and
misc@openbsd.org, or try the openbsd website and look for a link to who
mirrors the mailing list.  Warning: only as a __last__ resort, send a
message to misc@ after temporarily subsribing.  That group doens't
tolerate in a friendly manner people asking who can't show that they
looked everywhere else first.

You may also want to check the openbsd website's on-line man page and do
an apropor for CF or compact flash.  Also check the openBSD FAQ.  The
FAQ and the man pages constitute the vast majority of the documentation
and are __very__ detailed.

Doug.