Re: "Nokia 6120 classic" and Internet connection with laptop

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 02:42:35PM +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> I have had Etch on my IBM ThinkPad 570 and use  my  "Nokia 6120 classic"
> for the Internet connection via O2 (Germany).  Now after an  upgrade  it
> is not more working and my config was wiped out...  (I even do not know,
> what has wiped out the config since the whole thing is strange)
>
> Ond of course stressed and stupid I am, I have NO backups of the config.
>
> Again, my harddisk crashed and not I run again Sarge which  let  me  not
> connect to the Internet anymore...
>
> Can anyone tell me, how to get my  Internet  connection back  and  which
> module I must load to get my Nokia recognized since "lsusb" show nothing
> under Sarge.   And since my Laptop has no CD/Floppy, I can currently not
> install Lenny fron scratch since the partitopn is to  small  to  make  a
> "dist-upgrade".
>
> Note:   I need my Mobile Internet connecion urgently since  my  work
>         depends on and I can not go every day in an Internet cafe to
>         send my messages.  (This is, WHY you receive my messages  in
>         batch two times per week)
<nose tweak>
> Ond of course stressed and stupid I am, I have NO backups of the config.
:)
<\nose tweak>

I've never even seen a nokia (my cell phone weighs about 5#)

To be sure I understand: your Etch laptop had its hard drive crash after
an update and your old hard drive has Sarge on it and you can't install
Etch or Lenny on it since your laptop doesn't have a CD or floppy and
without Etch or Lenny you don't have internet since Sarge can't see your
cellphone.

And you have no backups.

Questions:

Do you have Etch install media (e.g. CD) and do you have access to a
computer with a CD and a USB (and a USB stick)?  You could make a
USB-stick install to run on your laptop.

Doug.