Re: Pinning ?

On Monday 28 April 2008 11:03:53 am lostson wrote:
>  Hello
>  I have read some stuff about pinning in Debian is it possible to say pin a
> application from testing or unstable on Etch. For instance say I want to
> have the newest version of qt4 instead of what is in stable. Is this
> possible ? Or could someone please point me in the direction of some good
> documentation on this subject, thanks.

Possible?  Yes.  A good idea?  No.  Use backports instead.  If backports
aren't attractive, then use testing instead.  If testing is too new for you
to roll out systemwide, then stick with Etch and be happy with it.

--
Paul Johnson
baloo@ursine.ca

Explaination of .pgp part: http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Mail/rant-gpg.html