Re: rsiegle@mbecap.com anti-spam stopping removal request

On Monday 28 April 2008 04:15:05 pm Damon L. Chesser wrote:
> Dear Ron,
>
> if you do something sane, like remove that stupid spam wall you have up,
> you will most certainly receive back your confirmation email when you
> send an email to debain-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org with a subject
> line of "unsubscribe".
>
> I will bet you your fanatical anti spam  measures  are not allowing the
> confirmation email through, and of course the  request bot will not fill
> out your form to allow the email through.
>
> Just drop it,  send the email, get the response,  confirm, then put your
> wall back up.  And no, I will not fill in your data so I can send this
> to you, with apologies to the rest of the list for this spam.

BTW, challenge-response systems are considered harmful and not suitable for
production use for exactly this reason.  There's a reason all packages
providing such functionality out of the box have been removed from Debian.

--
Paul Johnson
baloo@ursine.ca

Explaination of .pgp part: http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Mail/rant-gpg.html