Re: problem setting user and group on mounting a cifs share

On Sat, 2008-04-26 at 21:20 +0200, Chris wrote:
> I have two different machines on which I am mouting a cifs share with the
> following in /etc/fstab
>
> //192.168.178.27/share  /mnt/share cifs users,noauto,credentials=/etc/cred
> 0       0

When the cifs module is loaded check for LinuxExtensionsEnabled in proc:

  ls /proc/fs/cifs/LinuxExtensionsEnabled

If it's there turn it off (this will be on the machine with root:root):

  echo 0 > /proc/fs/cifs/LinuxExtensionsEnabled

I guess the other machine has an older cifs which does not have Linux
Extensions or is using smbfs. check with the 'ls ...' line above.

Cheers
Mark