Re: Almost Working

Andrei Popescu wrote:
On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 07:12:19AM -0700, Marc Shapiro wrote:
I then changed its ownership to root:scanner and its permissions to 664, but I still can't run as myself, only as root. Do I need to rebout for those changes to take effect? Is there some way to set it up with the ownerchip and permissions that I want directly from mknod? Is there a better way to get this working properly?

You need something like this in /etc/udev/rules.d/z60_libsane.rules

# Epson DX-7400 | Epson DX-7400
SYSFS{idVendor}=="04b8", SYSFS{idProduct}=="0838", MODE="0664", GROUP="scanner", ENV{libsane_matched}="yes"

and make sure you are in the 'scanner' group. (I copied that line from my sid machine).
I have added the line to /etc/udev/rules.d/z60_libsane.rules. Do I need to reboot the system to get it recognized, or is there another way? Like restarting a daemon, or something of that sort?

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com