Re: Help using my new scanner

Thierry Chatelet wrote:
On Thursday 24 April 2008 07:36:01 you wrote:
Thierry Chatelet wrote:
Are you in scanner group?
Yes, my original post says that I changed the device node's group to
scanner and added myself to the group, then logged out and back in.

Why did you change the device node's group? I have never done that to get a scanner recognized.
Thierry
PS: respond to the list, not to me in private. It helps other people on the list.
Thanks
The nodes owner was root:root. I want to be able to use the scanner as a normal user.

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com